Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, January 30, 2004

Derb ... ??
I like the Derb most of the time. But every once in a while he comes up with something like this about individual wealth:

"I believe that even in the freest and most open society, it is possible to have too much inequality, and I think that the state can legitimately interfere to moderate inequality. ... I do think that the dark side of ordinary human nature -- of which envy is certainly a component -- needs to be allowed for if society is to be stable and harmonious."

I just don't get it.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)