Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Pete Rose
I was very happy to read Peter Gammons' article called "Rethinking my vote for Rose". I've always disliked Rose, even when he was a player. There was something about that "Charlie Hustle" thing that always bothered me. The haircut -- which I can only describe as "four-year-old-ish" (and which he still has to this day) always reminded me of how immature and childish he was and still is. I've always thought he was a dirtbag, and I've always chafed when people said he belonged in the hall.

Overall, the guy is a total disgrace, to himself, to his family, and especially to Baseball. His faux apology about is psuedo-admission about his betting on baseball (something everyone knows he did) was repulsive. I, myself, can't stand to even listen to him talk. He crassly released his book to take the limelight away from the recent inductees -- Paul Molitor and Dennis Eckersley. That most people want him in the Hall of Fame makes me ill.

I agree with Gammons: "As far as I'm concerned, Rose can go to Cooperstown and sign tawdry items for those who, like him, have no respect for integrity, baseball or the Hall of Fame."

Addendum: Thomas Boswell does Rose even tougher than Gammons did.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)