Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, April 23, 2004

Catching up
It seems like I am always trying to catch up around here. Sorry about that. As you can imagine, it's been a pretty hectic couple of weeks -- above average, anyway -- and a particularly crazy week and last couple of days.

Okay, here are some comments:

I am utterly, completely, and totally green with envy that you met Rick Lowry. He's a huge hero of mine, having taken over the editorship of the National Review in his twenties if I am not mistaken. Sounds like it was a great time. I'd have loved to have been there and would have loved to go to pizza afterwards. I suppose we'll have another chance some day. There are enough colleges around here.

I've always liked Andre Agassi. Isn't he a Christian, or Christian sympathizer, or something like that? I love what he has done with that school -- reminiscent of what the inestimable, terrific, great David Robinson did in San Antonio. Can you think of a better thing to do with the millions that you make than start and endow a school that really educates kids? I mean really does it? Our public schools are such a morass of mediocrity that it does my heart quite good to read of people like Robinson and Agassi who spend their own money to do this great thing. Contrasts with the lefties who fight so hard to spend other people's money and end up doing such a crappy job. I applaud Agassi and what he has done. I shall add him to the small but growing list of famous athletes for whom I have true respect and admiration.

And thanks to Jay Nordlinger as always for bringing this sort of thing to our attention. That man needs his own blog.

Re: Sports Guy and Dick Bavetta -- it was the learned research of the Sports Guy that led me to the truth about Dick Bavetta in the first place.



[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)