Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Monday, May 31, 2004

Didn't Need Crawford
Well, the Wolves season is over. It was a good run, but you can't get past the Lakers when the League keeps throwing their top refs on you.

Wally missed a couple of three pointers that would have made it interesting. I note that the Wolves never really made a sinlge big three coming down the stretch in any of the games -- at least while I was watching. Seems like everytime that a three would have really made a difference and swung things around, they missed it. Game Four in LA had at least three opportunities to hit a big three, but all were missed.

I note that the Lakers didn't miss theirs very often, especially not tonight.

I note as well that I still have not witnessed -- neither in person nor on TV -- Olowakandi make a shot of any type.

I saw Garnett get at least one traveling call and two offensive fouls. How many offensive fouls did they call on Shaq? Dollars to doughnuts it was Bavetta making those calls on Garnett. Offensive fouls are momentum killers. Stern can always count on Bavetta to make the subtle, yet key, game changing calls. Good grief, I have a love/hate relationship with the NBA.

I think I'll email Mark Cuban about this. He'll be interested in the refereeing stuff.

It was a good run. I'm sorry it is over.

Oh, man, oh man, oh man, do I ever hate the Lakers. They've now surpassed the Yankees as my most hated team. I hate Dick Bavetta.

The only good that would come out of a Lakers Championship is maybe two of the biggest jerks in the league, Payton and Malone, will retire. It suddenly occurred to me that they have three of propably the top five jerks in the league on their team.

The Detroit Pistons are my new favorite team. I'm not going to watch any of the Finals games unless they are games where the Lakers can be eliminated. No advertising benefits from me, unless the Lakers can lose it.

And I'm never buying Sprite ever again, even though I like that funny little dude of a doll. I refuse to do my part to support the cabal.

Take that, David Stern.

But, I'm not bitter.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)