Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Impromptus
Jay Nordlinger Impromptued again on NRO. The best part of this one was the letters (gotta love the letters). They were in response to J-Nord's essay on Reagan a couple days ago. Here are some excerpts from multiple letters:
"I think liberals were shocked, and maybe frightened, by the outpouring of love and respect this past week."

"I can tell you honestly that I could not have taken another four years of Jimmy Carter. I didn't want to turn the damn thermostat down or put on a sweater. I wanted to fix things. My dad had taught me not to whine when things went wrong. I can still hear him now: 'Get off your lazy *ss and get to work.' Well, I was ready to get to work, and then along came President Reagan."

"I thought recently about the old 1960s liberal-left tearjerker song 'Abraham, Martin, and John.' I don't remember the singer. There was something about 'freeing a lot of people' in the lyrics. Ronald Reagan freed hundreds of millions of souls who suffered under a tyranny akin to slavery and Hitlerism. Shouldn't the song now be sung as 'Abraham, Martin, and Ron'?"

"In retrospect all Bubba ever tried to do was save his own a** while Reagan and W. concerned themselves more with saving everyone else's, even those who despised them."

"But I voted for Ronald Reagan that year [1980] and his victory brought my presidential voting record to 1-1, and I will never discard that wallet and the sticker that can no longer even be read. My record is now 4-3 and I fully expect to open up a two-game lead this fall."

"When I heard of his passing, I immediately thought of these lines from Julius Caesar: 'His life was gentle, and the elements / So mix'd in him that Nature might stand up / And say to all the world, "This was a man!"'"


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)