Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The Ushers of the Eucharist
I just got off the phone with Rosenbaum and O'Connell on am 1500 KSTP, where I spoke briefly with Dr. Pense, the guy leading the "Ushers of the Eucharist" group that was protesting the giving of Communion to a group of Rainbow sash-wearing gay men. I say briefly, because they cut me off pretty quickly after I said "...I'll go ahead and say it, I think the Bishop is a coward." ;-)

In the time that I had, I did encourage Dr. Pense, and tell him I thought he was doing a good thing. He was speaking the truth about two things -- about homosexuality, and about the role of men in the church. As you know, I'm not Catholic, but he was speaking about the role of men as leaders and protectors -- all things that good Christian men should know and understand. The thing that struck me, though, was how strange the truth sounded. As he spoke, I realized that what he was saying was very much not "politically correct", and I confess that I actually cringed a bit as he said it.

But that's the problem, isn't it? The Bishop won't stand up to homosexuals in the church, and he won't stand up for masculinity, and so the popular culture becomes feminized and homosexualized.

And I do think that Bishop Flynn is a coward. I read the Pioneer Press article, which had this in it:

The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, however, said in a statement it would not deny Communion to those wearing sashes because "members of this group have previously assured us, in writing, that their attendance at the annual Pentecost Mass … is not in protest of the Church's teachings.''


Please. What kind of fool do you have to be to buy that? A pretty big one. The so-called "Rainbow Coalition" is making a clear and open political statement about their view of church teaching. Defying the rules of the Catholic Church so openly clearly is protesting the church's teachings. The Catholic Church has rules and doctrines, and if you don't like those rules, then leave the church. To expect the church to heel to your way of thinking is hubris; however, it is worse for the church to lay down and let such people run rough-shod over the teachings of the church.

So yes, I'll say it again here on my blog where I can't be cut off -- Bishop Flynn, and any other bishop who cowers before these sinful, immoral people, is a coward. He should stand up to immorality and sin, he should stand up for masculinity and the truth, and he should start acting like a man of authority, which he is.

In addition, I'll add that we Christian men in the country are to a large degree as guilty as Bishop Flynn. The fact that I cringed when Dr. Pense spoke of the need for men to be men speaks volumes to me about how much feminism and its philosophy has seeped into my psyche. Men need to be men, and not cow before the alter of feminism. We in the Church need to realize that more than anyone, and we need to do something about it.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)