Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, October 22, 2004

Two Weeks Notice
Saw Two Weeks Notice last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Fairly clean (most of the sex was at the discussion/implication level. One scene was a bit randy. No one in bed together). It was witty and cute. Sandra Bullock plays a lefty lawyer whom Hugh Grant hires to be lead counsel for his hugh Donald Trump-like real estate conglomeration. Hilarity ensues. Hugh and Sandra are polar opposites, but both soften until of course there is no more denying that they are in love. The real laugher is Sandra's mother, a died in the wool liberal who actually speaks these words during the film "It's immoral for anyone to have that much money." A real keeper.

I like Hugh Grant. I can easily say I've never seen him in a movie when he wasn't good. I've never seen him in a comedy when he wasn't funny and witty and pleasant to watch. I really like Sandra Bullock (I was surprised to discover that she recently turned 40!) She has never, as far as I can tell, ever played a bimbo or done a sex scene, and her characters always seem to be pretty wholesome. Not many Hollywood starlets can say that nowadays.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)