Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Whoopi Can't Think
As we noted this morning, Gar-Bear, Whoopi was quoted in the local paper this morning:

"The fact that I am no longer the spokesman for Slim-Fast makes me sad, but not as sad as someone trying to punish me for exercising my right as an American to speak my mind."

I read this and I confess being utterly flummoxed by what it takes to actually think up such a completely stupid thing to say. I do believe I would have to exert a serious amount of brainpower to come up with something so catastrophically mis-guided, yet Ms. Goldberg appear to have such banality rolling off her tongue like rotton milk down the kitchen sink.

Where to start? Does Ms. Goldberg actually believe that she can both represent a company and make gross, filthy, corrupt statements? Does she think that there shouldn't be consequences for one's actions? Does she think she has some God-given right to be the spokesman [sic] for Slim-Fast, and that nothing can take that away from her?

She can speak her mind freely here in this country. No one is going to put Ms. Goldberg in jail for spewing filth, nonsense and garbage from her pie-hole. But if she is such an elitist that she thinks that she isn't responsible for doing so, then she's even dumber than her quote above leads me to believe.

And let me add that I've never found the woman funny, either.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)