Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Fun Stuff Today

  • This headline made me laugh out loud: "Unhappy Democrats Need to Wait to Get Into Canada"
  • Yasser Arafat might die soon. I'm no I'm not supposed to be, but it is really hard for me not to be happy about this fact. This is a good opportunity for the Palestinians to make a radical change in direction and embrace a civilized way of life, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • KLo in the Corner has the rumor of the departure of Powell (who cares), Ashcroft (ehh, either way: I admire the man, myself), Rumsfeld (I would hate to see him go. What a great man.) and Rice (I'd hate to see her go as well. She's an impressive and formidable woman). They are speculating on replacements. All I know is I'd love to see Rudy Giuliani in one of those jobs. Defense? Homeland Security? Probably the latter. Tom Ridge is really a non-entity as far as I can see. Rudy will add a little leadership in that role. Well, not a little, a lot. And good grief, let's hope that the hapless Norman Mineta takes this opportunity to spend more time with his family.
  • Lots of chatter today about how Kerry did the right thing in not fighting, etc. Well, okay, I guess his concession speech was gracious, etc. (Edwards certainly wasn't. Has there been a more vacuous, empty, inconsequential VP candidate, well ever? What a waste. The guy is fading from my memory already. I like how Derb put it -- "He trod lightly on the electoral earth") Kerry did run a good campaign for the most part, and never came unglued like Gore or Dean did. But let us not remember, Kerry is still a US Senator, he still made heinous accusations about honorable men who served in Vietnam, and he still met with the enemy while in the US Naval Reserve. He hasn't apologized for any of this.
  • First, I must ask forgiveness ahead of time for this comment. But to the unhinged, Lefty British press, I have but one thing to say: Kiss my lilly white butt.
  • On a more serious note, I think we all need to carefully consider this question: Jenna or Barbara?
  • Feel good story of the day: Bobby Jindal is elected to Congress.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)