Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Catching Up
Okay, I admit it, I've been a lazy slacker about blogging. I have an array of usual excuses -- busy, etc. -- but I think the main reason is that I've been a bit burned out on blogs. The election season was quite frenetic with blog reading and writing, and I think that I needed a little time to defuse the tension. Of course, Bush one, which means that I don't have a sever case of PEST, and I'm thankful for that. I confess that I will miss John Kerry. It isn't often one gets to see such a blowhard up close and personal like that. Especially an orange one.

So, okay, with all that said, here are a few items for general pondering:

  • Count me among those that pretty much gets his news from or via blogs, and who almost totally ignores the MSM.
  • I'm stunned by the carnage left by the tsunami this past week. I'm almost as stunned by the chutzpah it takes for a UN official to call us "stingy" in our response. Then I thought about it. Guy works for the UN, so he's a lefty, and the lefty can only see help as coming from the government -- thus he forgets all private donations. Our government's efforts (excluding things like the Carrier Battle Group, though, that ain't cheap) probably will be dwarfed by the amount of private donations that will come pouring in. In the end, that UN official will look like the moron that he is when us donations of money and materiel will be greater than everything donated by all the rest of the world, not to mention the sanctimonious Europeans.
  • Why is it that we say that Spiderman's "secret identity" is Peter Parker? Isn't it the fact that Peter Parker is Spiderman that is the secret?
  • My Vikings Prediction: A loss, and victories by the Rams and the Panthers to deny the Vikings the playoffs.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)