Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Movie Quotes (86-109)
We're continuing with our review of AFI's list of top movie quotes. They've posted a list of 400 from which will be chosen the Top 100. That list be announced in June. They haven't asked, but we're giving them a little help in finalizing their list. In the next week or so we're looking at quotes from movies beginning with the letter "D".
  • Oh, hold me closer! Closer! Closer! - Esther Muir
    If I hold you any closer, I'll be in back of you. - Groucho Marx (A DAY AT THE RACES)
  • Gort! Klaatu barada nikto! - Patricia Neal (THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL)
  • That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I keep getting older, they stay the same age. - Matthew McConaughey (DAZED AND CONFUSED)
  • Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary. - Robin Williams (DEAD POETS SOCIETY)
  • This is this. - Robert De Niro (THE DEER HUNTER)
  • I bet you can squeal like a pig. - Bill McKinney (DELIVERANCE)
  • Stop makin' noises like a husband. - Ann Savage (DETOUR)
  • In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart. - Millie Perkins (voice) (THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK)
  • Yippie-ki-yay, mother****er! - Bruce Willis (DIE HARD)
  • I was reading a book the other day. - Jean Harlow
    Reading a book? - Marie Dressler
    Yes. It's all about civilization or something, a nutty kind of a book. Do you know that the guy said that machinery is going to take the place of every profession? - Jean Harlow
    Oh, my dear, that's something you need never worry about. - Marie Dressler (DINNER AT EIGHT)
  • Nobody puts Baby in a corner. - Patrick Swayze (DIRTY DANCING)
  • You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? - Clint Eastwood (DIRTY HARRY)
  • Always do the right thing. - Ossie Davis
    That's it? - Spike Lee
    That's it. - Ossie Davis
    I got it, I'm gone. - Spike Lee (DO THE RIGHT THING)
  • Attica! Attica! - Al Pacino (DOG DAY AFTERNOON)
  • Forget about it. - Johnny Depp (DONNIE BRASCO)
  • There's a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. 45 miles an hour. - Barbara Stanwyck
    How fast was I going, officer? - Fred MacMurray
    I'd say around 90. - Barbara Stanwyck
    Suppose you get down off your motorcycle and give me a ticket. - Fred MacMurray
    Suppose I let you off with a warning this time. - Barbara Stanwyck
    Suppose it doesn't take. - Fred MacMurray
    Suppose I have to whack you over the knuckles. - Barbara Stanwyck
    Suppose I bust out crying and put my head on your shoulder. - Fred MacMurray
    Suppose you try putting it on my husband's shoulder. - Barbara Stanwyck
    That tears it... - Fred MacMurray (DOUBLE INDEMNITY)
  • Bond. James Bond. - Sean Connery (DR. NO)
  • Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! - Peter Sellers (DR. STRANGELOVE)
  • Mein Fuhrer! I can walk! - Peter Sellers (DR. STRANGELOVE)
  • Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. - Bela Lugosi (DRACULA)
  • Hoke, you're my best friend. - Jessica Tandy (DRIVING MISS DAISY)
  • Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably more than she ever did. Groucho Marx (DUCK SOUP)
  • I could dance with you 'til the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows 'til you came home. - Groucho Marx (DUCK SOUP)
  • I suggest that we give him ten years in Levenworth, or eleven years in Twelveworth. - Groucho Marx
    I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll take five and ten in Woolworth. - Chico Marx (DUCK SOUP)


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)