Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Movie Quotes (#110-188)
We're getting close to the June unveiling of the American Film Institute's Top 100 movie quotes. Our review of the list of 400 candidate quotes continues (#110-188):
  • E. T. phone home. - Joe Welsh (voice) (E. T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL)
  • You know, Billy. We blew it. - Peter Fonda (EASY RIDER)
  • I am not an animal! I am a human being. I am a man. - John Hurt (THE ELEPHANT MAN)
  • They're called boobs, Ed. - Julia Roberts (ERIN BROCKOVICH)
  • What an excellent day for an exorcism. - Linda Blair, Mercedes McCambridge (voice) (THE EXORCIST)
  • You betcha! - Frances McDormand (FARGO)
  • Hey, Bud, let's party! - Sean Penn (FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH)
  • I won't be ignored, Dan! - Glenn Close (FATAL ATTRACTION)
  • Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Matthew Broderick (FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF)
  • You can't handle the truth! - Jack Nicholson (A FEW GOOD MEN)
  • If you build it, he will come. - Ray Liotta (voice) (FIELD OF DREAMS)
  • First rule of Fight Club is -- you do not talk about Fight Club. - Brad Pitt (FIGHT CLUB)
  • Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules. - Jack Nicholson
    You want me to hold the chicken, huh? - Lorna Thayer
    I want you to hold it between your knees. - Jack Nicholson (FIVE EASY PIECES)
  • Help me! Help me! - David Hedison (THE FLY)
  • Be afraid. Be very afraid. - Geena Davis (THE FLY)
  • I do not know how to kiss, or I would kiss you. Where do the noses go? - Ingrid Bergman (FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS)
  • Mama says, "Stupid is as stupid does." - Michael Conner Humphreys (FORREST GUMP)
  • My mama always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Tom Hanks (FORREST GUMP)
  • Sawyer, you're going out a youngster, but you've got to come back a star! - Warner Baxter (42ND STREET)
  • I'm your worst fucking nightmare, man! A nigger with a badge. - Eddie Murphy (48 HOURS)
  • It's alive! It's alive! - Colin Clive (FRANKENSTEIN)
  • Gooble gooble, gooble gooble. We accept her. One of us, one of us. - Ensemble (FREAKS)
  • When's the last time you picked your feet, Willy? Who's your connection, Willy? What's his name? I've got a man in Poughkeepsie who wants to talk to you. You ever been to Poughkeepsie? - Gene Hackman (THE FRENCH CONNECTION)
  • Damn! - Chris Tucker, Ice Cube (FRIDAY)
  • Face it girls, I'm older and I have more insurance. - Kathy Bates (FRIED GREEN TOMATOES)
  • What is your major malfunction? - R. Lee Ermey (FULL METAL JACKET)
  • Hello, gorgeous. - Barbra Streisand (FUNNY GIRL)
  • If you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. - Ben Kingsley (GANDHI)
  • But because I am mad, I hate you. Because I am mad, I have betrayed you. And because I'm mad, I'm rejoicing in my heart, without a shred of pity, without a shred of regret, watching you go with glory in my heart! - Ingrid Bergman (GASLIGHT)
  • Chance is the fool's name for fate. - Fred Astaire (THE GAY DIVORCEE)
  • I always say a kiss on the hand might feel very good, but a diamond tiara lasts forever. - Marilyn Monroe (GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES)
  • It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you. - Patrick Swayze (GHOST)
  • We came. We saw. We kicked its ass. - Bill Murray (GHOSTBUSTERS)
  • I've been slimed. - Bill Murray (GHOSTBUSTERS)
  • If I'd been a ranch, they would've named me the Bar Nothing. - Rita Hayworth (GILDA)
  • Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. - Russell Crowe (GLADIATOR)
  • I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. - Marlon Brando (THE GODFATHER)
  • Leave the gun. Take the cannolis. - Richard S. Castellano (THE GODFATHER)
  • It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes. - Richard S. Castellano (THE GODFATHER)
  • I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart. - Al Pacino (THE GODFATHER: PART II)
  • Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. - Al Pacino (THE GODFATHER: PART II)
  • Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel. - Lee Strasberg (THE GODFATHER: PART II)
  • Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. - Al Pacino (THE GODFATHER: PART II)
  • A martini. Shaken, not stirred. - Sean Connery (GOLDFINGER)
  • Fiddle-dee-dee. - Vivien Leigh (GONE WITH THE WIND)
  • I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies. - Butterfly McQueen (GONE WITH THE WIND)
  • As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again. - Vivien Leigh (GONE WITH THE WIND)
  • After all, tomorrow is another day! - Vivien Leigh (GONE WITH THE WIND)
  • Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. - Clark Gable (GONE WITH THE WIND)
  • Good morning, Vietnam! - Robin Williams (GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM)
  • Funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? - Joe Pesci (GOODFELLAS)
  • Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you? - Dustin Hoffman (THE GRADUATE)
  • Plastics. - Walter Brooke (THE GRADUATE)
  • I want to be alone. - Greta Garbo (GRAND HOTEL)
  • Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. - Henry Fonda (THE GRAPES OF WRATH)
  • If it weren't for graft, you'd get a very low type of people in politics. - William Demarest (THE GREAT McGINTY)
  • Out here, due process is a bullet. - John Wayne (THE GREEN BERETS)
  • You think of yourself as a colored man. I think of myself as a man. - Sidney Poitier (GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER)
  • We go together, Laurie. I don't know why. Maybe like guns and ammunition go together. - John Dall (GUN CRAZY)
  • You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. - Cary Grant (GUNGA DIN)
  • L-I-V-E! Live! Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room. - Ruth Gordon (HAROLD AND MAUDE)
  • Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty five years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - James Stewart (HARVEY)
  • Would you be shocked if I put on something more comfortable? - Jean Harlow (HELL'S ANGELS)
  • It's good to be the king! - Mel Brooks (HISTORY OF THE WORLD: PART I)
  • You sing-a high. - Chico Marx
    Yes, I have a falsetto voice. - Thelma Todd
    That's-a funny; my last pupil she got-a false set-a teeth. - Chico Marx (HORSE FEATHERS)
  • Men like my father cannot die. They are with me still -- real in memory as they were in flesh, loving and beloved forever. How green was my valley then. - Roddy McDowall (HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY)
  • I'll remember you, honey. You're the one that got away. - Paul Newman (HUD)
  • Sanctuary! - Charles Laughton (THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME)
  • Eddie, you're a born loser. - George C. Scott (THE HUSTLER)
  • How do you live? - Helen Vinson
    I steal. - Paul Muni (I AM A FUGITIVE FROM A CHAIN GANG)
  • Well, it's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men. - Mae West (I'M NO ANGEL)
  • I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me. - Humphrey Bogart (IN A LONELY PLACE)
  • They call me Mister Tibbs! - Sidney Poitier (IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT)
  • To God, there is no zero. I still exist. - Grant Williams (THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN)
  • They're here already! You're next! You're next! - Kevin McCarthy (INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS)
  • Well, I proved once and for all that the limb is mightier than the thumb. - Claudette Colbert (IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT)
  • What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word, and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. - James Stewart (IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE)
  • To my big brother George, the richest man in town! - Todd Karns (IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE)
  • Look, Daddy. Teacher says, "Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings." - Karolyn Grimes (IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE)

It's a long list, I know, but just remember, America needs us.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)