Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Monday, May 02, 2005

Movie Quotes #189-256
I know i'm taking big chunks here but time is running short. In June AFI will release its list of the Top 100 Movie Quotes (using this list of 400 candidates) and we need to be ready! Here's the next set.
  • You're gonna need a bigger boat. - Roy Scheider (JAWS)
  • Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet! - Al Jolson (THE JAZZ SINGER)
  • I was born a poor black child. - Steve Martin (THE JERK)
  • Show me the money! - Cuba Gooding, Jr. (JERRY MAGUIRE)
  • You complete me. - Tom Cruise (JERRY MAGUIRE)
  • You had me at "hello." - Renee Zellweger (JERRY MAGUIRE)
  • Life will find a way. - Jeff Goldblum (JURASSIC PARK)
  • Wax-on, wax-off. - Pat Morita (THE KARATE KID)
  • Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. - Yul Brynner (THE KING AND I)
  • Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast. - Robert Armstrong (KING KONG)
  • Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - Robert De Niro (THE KING OF COMEDY)
  • Where's the rest of me? - Ronald Reagan (KINGS ROW)
  • Get me to that bus stop and forget you ever saw me. If we don't make that bus stop... - Cloris Leachman
    We will. - Ralph Meeker
    If we don't, remember me. - Cloris Leachman (KISS ME DEADLY)
  • And for an hour, for an hour -- I'm the best actress in the world... - Jane Fonda (KLUTE)
  • Tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper. - Pat O'Brien (KNUTE ROCKNE ALL AMERICAN)
  • Hey, lady! - Jerry Lewis (THE LADIES' MAN)
  • I need him like the axe needs the turkey. - Barbara Stanwyck (THE LADY EVE)
  • You're my Lassie come home. - Roddy McDowall (LASSIE COME HOME)
  • In my case, self-absorption is completely justified. I have never discovered any other subject so worthy of my attention. - Clifton Webb (LAURA)
  • Sherif Ali, so long as the Arabs fight tribe against tribe, so long will they be a little people, a silly people, greedy, barbarous, and cruel as you are. - Peter O'Toole (LAWRENCE OF ARABIA)
  • No prisoners! No prisoners! - Peter O'Toole (LAWRENCE OF ARABIA)
  • There's no crying in baseball! - Tom Hanks (A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN)
  • Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico? - Edward G. Robinson (LITTLE CAESAR)
  • Hi-Yo, Silver! - Clayton Moore (THE LONE RANGER)
  • My precious. - Andy Serkis (THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS)
  • One drink's too many, and a hundred's not enough. - Howard Da Silva (THE LOST WEEKEND)
  • Love means never having to say you're sorry. - Ryan O'Neal (LOVE STORY)
  • Oh, Frank, my lips are hot. Kiss my hot lips. - Sally Kellerman (M*A*S*H)
  • Why don't you get out of that wet coat and into a dry martini? - Robert Benchley (THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR)
  • We didn't land on Plymouth Rock -- Plymouth Rock landed on us! - Denzel Washington (MALCOLM X)
  • You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something. I am God. - Alec Baldwin (MALICE)
  • You're good, you're very good. - Humphrey Bogart (THE MALTESE FALCON)
  • The stuff that dreams are made of. - Humphrey Bogart (THE MALTESE FALCON)
  • This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend. - Carleton Young (THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE)
  • I think people should mate for life, like pigeons or Catholics. - Woody Allen (MANHATTAN)
  • Is it safe? - Laurence Olivier (MARATHON MAN)
  • What do you feel like doing tonight? - Joe Mantell
    I don't know, Ange. What do you feel like doing? - Ernest Borgnine (MARTY)
  • Somebody stop me! - Jim Carrey (THE MASK)
  • I can't believe it. Right here where we live -- right here in St. Louis. - Judy Garland (MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS)
  • I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me? - Robert De Niro (MEET THE PARENTS)
  • You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good. - Will Smith (MEN IN BLACK)
  • I'm walking here! I'm walking here! - Dustin Hoffman (MIDNIGHT COWBOY)
  • Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young. - Eve Arden (MILDRED PIERCE)
  • I am your number one fan. - Kathy Bates (MISERY)
  • Captain, it is I, Ensign Pulver, and I just threw your stinking palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crud about no movie tonight? - Jack Lemmon (MISTER ROBERTS)
  • No wire hangers, ever! - Faye Dunaway (MOMMIE DEAREST)
  • Snap out of it! - Cher (MOONSTRUCK)
  • But, in the opinion of the court, you are not only sane but you're the sanest man that ever walked into this courtroom. - H. B. Warner (MR. DEEDS GOES TO TOWN)
  • I wouldn't give you two cents for all your fancy rules if, behind them, they didn't have a little bit of plain, ordinary, everyday kindness and a little looking out for the other fella, too. - James Stewart (MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON)
  • You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if this room gets filled with lies like these, and the Taylors and all their armies come marching into this place. - James Stewart (MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON)
  • This is the people's war! It is our war! We are the fighters! Fight it, then! Fight it with all that is in us, and may God defend the right. - Henry Wilcoxon (MRS. MINIVER)
  • Mr. Christian! - Charles Laughton (MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY)
  • My biological clock is ticking like this, and the way this case is going, I ain't never getting married! - Marisa Tomei (MY COUSIN VINNY)
  • Mac, you ever been in love? - Henry Fonda
    No, I've been a bartender all my life. - J. Farrell MacDonald (MY DARLING CLEMENTINE)
  • Will you take me? - W. C. Fields
    I'll take you -- and how. - Mae West (MY LITTLE CHICKADEE)
  • There are eight million stories in the naked city. This has been one of them. - Mark Hellinger (voice) (THE NAKED CITY)
  • Toga! Toga! - John Belushi (NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE)
  • Over? Did you say "over?" Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no! - John Belushi (NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE)
  • Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son. - John Vernon (NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE)
  • Who's on first. - Bud Abbott (THE NAUGHTY NINETIES)
  • I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore! - Peter Finch (NETWORK)
  • Goodness, what beautiful diamonds! - (cloakroom girl)
    Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie. - Mae West (NIGHT AFTER NIGHT)
  • It's alright, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause. - Groucho Marx
    You can't fool me! There ain't no Sanity Claus. - Chico Marx (A NIGHT AT THE OPERA)
  • Would you like me to tell you the little story of right hand, left hand? The story of good and evil? H-A-T-E. It was with this left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-O-V-E. You see these fingers, dear hearts? These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man -- the right hand, friends, the hand of love. - Robert Mitchum (THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER)
  • One, two, Freddy's coming for you... - (children) (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET)
  • Ninotchka, it's midnight. One half of Paris is making love to the other half. - Melvyn Douglas (NINOTCHKA)
  • Must you flirt? - Greta Garbo
    Well, I don't have to, but I find it natural. - Melvyn Douglas
    Suppress it. - Greta Garbo (NINOTCHKA)
  • Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars. - Bette Davis (NOW, VOYAGER)
Any comments?


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)