Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, June 03, 2005

Movie Quotes (#344-400)
Well, we've reached the end of AFI's list of potential top movie quotes. From this list of 400, the top 100 will be chosen and unveiled in a 3-hour television event on June 21. Before AFI reveals their list, I'll be revealing mine. In the meantime, take a look at these and pick out the best.
  • Does this look like "gub" or "gun"? - Ensemble
    Gun. See? But what's "abt" mean? - Ensemble
    It's "act". A-C-T. Act natural. Please put fifty thousand dollars into this bag and act natural. - Woody Allen
    Oh, I see. This is a holdup? - Ensemble (TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN)
  • Jane. Tarzan. Jane. Tarzan. - Johnny Weissmuller (TARZAN THE APE MAN)
  • You talkin' to me? - Robert De Niro (TAXI DRIVER)
  • Years from now, when you talk about this -- and you will -- be kind. - Deborah Kerr (TEA AND SYMPATHY)
  • Oh, Moses, Moses, you stubborn, splendid, adorable fool! - Anne Baxter (THE TEN COMMANDMENTS)
  • I'll be back. - Arnold Schwarzenegger (THE TERMINATOR)
  • Hasta la vista, baby. - Arnold Schwarzenegger (TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY)
  • Would you like to come in? - Shirley MacLaine
    I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. - Jack Nicholson (TERMS OF ENDEARMENT)
  • I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum. - Roddy Piper (THEY LIVE)
  • They say you were shot in the tabloids. - Myrna Loy
    They never got near my tabloids. - William Powell (THE THIN MAN)
  • Watch the skies, everywhere, keep looking! Keep watching the skies! - Douglas Spencer (THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD)
  • In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, and they had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. - Orson Welles (THE THIRD MAN)
  • These go to eleven. - Christopher Guest (THIS IS SPINAL TAP)
  • I'm king of the world! - Leonardo DiCaprio (TITANIC)
  • What he did to Shakespeare, we are doing now to Poland. - Sig Ruman (TO BE OR NOT TO BE)
  • Do you want a leg or a breast? - Grace Kelly (TO CATCH A THIEF)
  • You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow. - Lauren Bacall (TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT)
  • Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing. - William Walker (TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD)
  • You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it. - Gregory Peck (TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD)
  • I'd like to make her look a little more attractive. How far can you pull back? - Doris Belack
    How do you feel about Cleveland? - Cameraman (TOOTSIE)
  • I feel the need... - Tom Cruise
    ...the need for speed! - Anthony Edwards (TOP GUN)
  • He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people? - Marlene Dietrich (TOUCH OF EVIL)
  • To infinity and beyond! - Tim Allen (voice) (TOY STORY)
  • Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges! - Alfonso Bedoya (THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE)
  • You see, Francois, marriage is a beautiful mistake which two people make together. But with you, Francois, I think it would be a mistake. - Kay Francis (TROUBLE IN PARADISE)
  • Fill your hands, you son-of-a-bitch! - John Wayne (TRUE GRIT)
  • Dave, stop. Stop, will you? Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. - Douglas Rains (voice) (2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY)
  • Open the pod bay doors, HAL. - Keir Dullea (2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY)
  • It's a hell of a thing killin' a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have. - Clint Eastwood (UNFORGIVEN)
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Kevin Spacey (THE USUAL SUSPECTS)
  • If you wanna call me that, smile. - Gary Cooper (THE VIRGINIAN)
  • This is nothing! - Dustin Hoffman (WAG THE DOG)
  • Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. - Michael Douglas (WALL STREET)
  • Would you like to play a game? - James Ackerman (voice) (WARGAMES)
  • Warriors, come out to play! - David Patrick Kelly (THE WARRIORS)
  • Schwing! - Mike Myers, Dana Carvey (WAYNE'S WORLD)
  • We're not worthy. We're not worthy. - Mike Myers, Dana Carvey (WAYNE'S WORLD)
  • Have you checked the children lately? - Tony Beckley (voice) (WHEN A STRANGER CALLS)
  • I'll have what she's having. - Estelle Reiner (WHEN HARRY MET SALLY...)
  • But I would be proud... - Billy Crystal
    But I would be proud... - Meg Ryan
    ...to partake... - Billy Crystal
    ...to partake... - Meg Ryan
    ...of your pecan pie. - Billy Crystal
    ...of your pecan pie. - Meg Ryan (WHEN HARRY MET SALLY...)
  • Made it, Ma! Top of the world! - James Cagney (WHITE HEAT)
  • I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - Kathleen Turner (voice) (WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT)
  • And that's how you play "Get the Guests." - Richard Burton (WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?)
  • If they move, kill 'em. - William Holden (THE WILD BUNCH)
  • Hey, Johnny, what are you rebelling against? - Peggy Maley
    What've you got? - Marlon Brando (THE WILD ONE)
  • Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. - Judy Garland (THE WIZARD OF OZ)
  • I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too! - Margaret Hamilton (THE WIZARD OF OZ)
  • Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! - Judy Garland, Ray Bolger, Jack Haley (THE WIZARD OF OZ)
  • I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! - Margaret Hamilton (THE WIZARD OF OZ)
  • Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! - Frank Morgan (THE WIZARD OF OZ)
  • There's no place like home. - Judy Garland (THE WIZARD OF OZ)
  • Women should be kept illiterate and clean, like canaries. - Roscoe Karns (WOMAN OF THE YEAR)
  • There's a name for you ladies, but it isn't used in high society -- outside of a kennel. - Joan Crawford (THE WOMEN)
  • I have a head for business and a bod for sin. - Melanie Griffith (WORKING GIRL)
  • No matter what I ever do or say, Heathcliff, this is me -- now -- standing on this hill with you. This is me, forever. - Merle Oberon (WUTHERING HEIGHTS)
  • My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you. - James Cagney (YANKEE DOODLE DANDY)
  • What hump? - Marty Feldman (YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN)


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)