Banterings
Because 40 Degrees Below Zero Keeps Out the Riff-Raff
BlogRoll
Syndicate this site
Donate
Listings
Listed on BlogShares

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A Hero Falls
I had the privilege of briefly meeting and shaking the hand of Admiral Stockdale while attending the Naval Postgraduate School. Each week we attended a convocation, and the school was able to get luminaries such as Admiral Stockdale to give speeches. I confess I don't remember exactly what Admiral Stockdale said that day, but I do remember his indomitable spirit, and the fact that he didn't let his tortured, broken body slow him down. I wish I had a better story to tell about him, but I don't. I just know that he was strong and brave and courageous.

He passed away yesterday. May he Rest in Peace, and may we never forget the sacrifices he made for his fellow POW's and his country.


[Permalink] (0) comments
Comments: Post a Comment
Contact Banterings

With Thanks To
This page is powered by Blogger.
Add Us To Your Blogroll
Get Involved

Your e-mail address:


Put this on your site

Copyright © 2003 By Nick Hodges All Rights Reserved
This page is an enthusiastic expression of our right to free speech.
The original design of this Template is Copyright © 2002 by Blogscapes.com (Thought I have made a bunch of improvements....)